Updated on 8 February with Renmark meeting information Updated on 3 February with Goondiwindi and Swan Hill public meetings information Updated on 31 January with Mildura public meeting information
Where we’re going
The Renmark public meeting will take place on Friday 9 March from 1-4pm. The meeting will be held at:Greek Orthodox Community Hall Twentyfirst St Renmark
Other Public Meetings
The MDBA will be visiting Goondiwindi, Mildura and Swan Hill in February 2012 for a set of public meetings:
- Mildura (10 February)
- Goondiwindi (14 February)
- Swan Hill (22 February)
There will also be a meeting in Renmark in February, we’re just finalising the details.
This isn’t a finite list – we’re flexible, so we’ll update information about any further meetings scheduled.
Information about our meetings and events is available from our website [NOTE: Link removed as the content is no longer online]. We’ve also put up summaries of the feedback we heard [NOTE: Link removed as content is no longer online] at each of our previous public meetings.
The Mildura public meeting will be at the Setts Bar & Function Centre from 2pm to 5pm on 10 Feb:Setts Bar & Function Centre
110-4 Eighth Street
Before the meeting, there’ll be an ‘open house’ type event. This will give people the chance to discuss the draft Plan one-on-one with MDBA staff. If you’re interested, head over to Setts between 11am and 1pm.
The Goondiwindi public meeting will be held at the Goondiwindi Waggamba Community Cultural Centre from 2:30-4:30pm on 14 Feb:Goondiwindi Waggamba Community Cultural Centre
Cnr Russell & Short Streets
Goondiwindi QLD 4390
The Swan Hill public meeting will be held at the Grain Shed from 1-4pm on 22 February:The Grain Shed 2-8 King Street Swan Hill
Where we’ve been
As we’ve said, we’re doing a range of consultation in response to requests from communities – public meetings are just one example. Below is a summary of what we’ve done so far:
- Griffith – stakeholder meeting (2/12/2011)
- Dirranbandi – local government roundtable (6/12/2011)
- Dirranbandi – Lower Balonne irrigators (6/12/2011)
- St George – public meeting (7/12/2011)
- Adelaide – SA government agencies (8/12/2011)
- Murray Bridge – roundtable SA Murray-Darling Basin NRM Board (8/12/2011)
- Murray Bridge – roundtable Indigenous, environmental and Lower Lakes groups (8/12/2011)
- Murray Bridge – public meeting (9/12/2011)
- Shepparton – roundtable Victorian Basin Plan Advisory Group (12/12/2011)
- Shepparton – roundtables with stakeholders (12/12/2011)
- Shepparton – roundtable environment groups and catchment management authority (12/12/2011)
- Shepparton – public meeting (13/12/2011)
- Leeton – Riverina RDA presentation (14/12/2011)
- Leeton – RAMROC roundtable (14/12/2011)
- Griffith – public meeting (15/12/2011)
- Deniliquin – public meeting (16/12/2011)
- Namoi – Namoi Water meeting (19/12/2011)
- Dubbo – stakeholder roundtable (19/12/2011)
- Brisbane – stakeholder meeting on socio-economic issues (20/12/2011)
- St George – stakeholder meeting (22/12/2011)
- Mildura – roundtable with irrigators, industry groups etc (12/1/2012)
- Mildura – roundtable with environmental groups etc (12/1/2012)
As part of the broader consultation on the draft plan, we’re also travelling to towns throughout the Basin to talk with Aboriginal people on their country. We want to meet wherever Aboriginal people feel comfortable – in halls, in homes, or by the river with a cup of tea.
And don’t forget to have a look at the range of written information we have available about the draft, including our Mythbusting site,fact sheets, FAQs [NOTE: Links to Mythbusting site, fact sheets and FAQs removed as the content is no longer online] and supporting documents – and blog posts!